View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 04:33 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Hi and WELCOME to SR. You've come to a great place for support and help in your recovery journey!
I was an oddball as I couldn't wait to get to my first NA meeting (I am a crackhead), but I wasn't prepared for some of the things they do. Mostly, the hugging. I have a thing against being touched by strangers and I actually threatened to put a guy 6 ft. under if he touched me, when he offered a hug, but it didn't take long to get over my stranger affliction and I look forward to the hugs and the rest of my meetings. I love being around people who totally get me and can't be manipulated or tricked into thinking that my addiction will go away on its own. It's a huge relief, because sometimes I still try to manipulate, scheme, and talk myself into getting loaded. I've been clean for 71 days now, thanks to NA and SR.
And my best guy friend. Though he's not an addict, and yes I have lied to him and manipulated him, he has come up with some really great advice, like today's advice. I clean offices for a living, and this one place I clean has NO CAMERA'S anywhere inside. I get that desire to sneak in a rock to the bathroom I clean quite often, because I know I could get away with it. No one is there but me, and I had been looking for ideas to help me get past that feeling. I usually wear an Ipod while cleaning. He suggested I wear a regular radio and listen to talk radio. He knows that all the stuff they talk about will get me fired up. I'll look funny talking to myself, but I don't care. It'll distract me and that is all that matters. LOL.
Anyway, you'll find I am known to ramble. hahahaha....
I hope you feel you have found a home here at SR. I know I have. When I can't get to my NA meetings, SR has been a HUGE support and relief to me.
I am so glad to have found this site!