Thread: Pain and guilt
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
amirose

Thanks Northbelle, I hope you are doing better today. Going to the ER in the middle of the night used to be all too common for me. I never want to live that way again; reading that reminded me of all of the humiliation of the whole scenario. Ughh , it gives me chills but thanks for the reminder.

SugarScars, well it is interesting that even family who have struggled with addiction themselves still play the "If we don't talk about it, everything will be OK" game. I thought maybe my family just did it because none of them have this issue (just me!) and so it's easiest to deny, deny. We do NOT talk about how we FEEL ever. I would freak if they talked about it anyway, probably. It is hard to overcome after being raised that way- I can share with my friends usually if prodded or at meetings or on here... but with my family, not so much!

At a meeting last night, someone suggested I get a massage (duh!), and I just got home from the chiropractor where their RMT worked on me for an hour... for now I do feel much better. I've never been "adjusted", but I have an appt for this Thursday with the doctor. Just trying not to lift my almost 2 year old is challenging!