View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
journey1

Re: Need some insight on things?

my ah tried that, tried to drink socially and for him he went back to his old ways. he tried and tried to handle his drinking, he even quit for 8 months but the minute i left for a vacation he felt he had to sneak and go get drunk. he drank smoked marijuana and did cocaine until 9:00 the next morning, thinking i wouldn't find out. it was just building up inside of him to go and get drunk. it's too bad though becuz that was the last day of him living with me. he has been gone 7 weeks now and i refuse to live with an alcoholic, especially because i have an 18 month old and i do not want her growing up in an alcoholic environment. i have a hard time with him not here but deep down i know it is the best choice ever. i am very depressed at times because it seems like he is having a good time. he's out all the time with his new girlfriend partying. but he is sick. now that i understand alcoholism i understand him a little more as to why he is destroying his life. i will not let my life be destroyed anymore. 10 years of alcoholism was enough. there was a lot of hurt, crying, sadness, anger and financial instability. it is a crazy life living with alcoholism.