View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
acehood629

Thanks everyone for all the stories and advice. It seems most agree that I should try to
just loving my mom from a distance. This is what I felt in my heart was the best thing to do for myself and my family.
She has been calling me begging me to give her another chance with my daughter. I was letting her babysit for a while when I first started going to NA meetings.
But then I decided it would be better to just bring my girl with me than to leave her with someone who really taught me to be an addict. Not blaming I'm just saying.... you know?

The story is much more complicated than I'd like to get into here. Long story short,
My family is a bunch of addicted women, my grandma, my aunt, my mom and me.
And they are all really tight. When theres problems they all get involved. Right now
my aunt is trying to guilt me into a relationship with my mom by. She tells me "your mom won't be around forever and I don't want you to have any regrets", and "this tension between you two is tearing the family apart", and "don't punish her by not letting her see (my daughter)". My whole family is sick and so are all the relationships in it.

I need to find the right words that won't cause more problems, to tell them that I just need to do what I feel is right and fair to me and my family now. I can't do things to make them happy anymore. That doesn't get us anything but hurt.

Anyway, thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart. And I love this online support community. Its just what I needed at the point I'm in in my recovery and in my life. I really love you all and wish everyone the best in their recovery and their lives.