View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jwsablich

Angry when to cut loose and run

Well people, here I am again .... or is it again and again and again.

as you know from my previous thread, my "fiancee" is an addict in recovery.
she got in trouble with the law about 7 or 8 months ago, been through drug court, and ends up in drug court recovery program, later referred to a Drug and alcohol recovery center (outpatient) and a week ago ordered to INPATIENT.

well she was supposed to go in today, and so I drove her there at 1 pm.
then she calls me because Detox did not accept her (this is the good news part) she had tested NEGATIVE for any and all types of narcotics.

so I drive downtown to get her and bring her home, my mom happen to be there with me daughter (3 yrs old) and as some of you have experience with this type of illness some of our families do not accept it as an illness but think its a choice (mom is the later)

mom speaks little English (enough to fend for her self but prefers Spanish), well I proceded to tell mom all about how my "fiancee" had not been accepted to DETOX because she was already CLEAN.

during this whole time my "fiancee" felt that mom was ignoring her as if she did not exist.

well mom and I went into the kitchen to cook dinner, and in the mean while I saw my "Fiancee" cleaning around a bit, then she got all pissed and said she needed to go and do some stuff, when I asked her what stuff, she said I just need to be not here.

when she came back, mom had already left. and then she tells me that she did not like the way mom treated her, that she DESERVES more respect than that, and she will not live with me if she is being disrespected.
Its true that mom does not like her much due to her addiciton... and she has every right to feel that way. but in no way did I see mom being disrespectfull.

I feel that I am between a rock and a hard place and that my "fiancee" wants me to choose between her and my family ( FAMILY WILL WIN EVERY TIME)
:wtf2