Thread: I'm a wreck...
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
northbelle
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Thanks you guys...
I don't know HOW to take care of myself sometimes...but I am figuring it out! I started by praying this morning..get things in focus a bit..

I am REALLY excited. I hooked my son up with a counselor that he is seeing for the first time this week. He has a book out called Deep Trauma Healing..For Those Who Dare...he has been inrecvoery from addiction for over 20 years ..heroin addict...has a wife and four kids..black belt martial arts studio. His method of therapy sounds SO cool...so...HUMANE....and he understands what Chance has been through ...
having two addicts for parents? Yeah..there has got to be osme trauma there!....Chance is doing alot better though..he has alot of people in his life..recovery is a family thing..Get busy livin...or get busy dyin..

Penny..I must tell you I am really taken with you....you aer such a strong woman...the story about your mom on another thread...guuurl...that is some heavy stuff...
In 2002 when I went to prison my mom ..who was the person I loved most in this whole nasty a##ed world..got cancer and was supposed to die before I got out to see her..
SHe didn't..she waited for me..
After not seeing her , being locked up for a year...I got out of jail..and went STRAIGHT...wearing my prison clothes with a box in my hands..(no lie)..to the rest home were she was at and saw heragain...all 70 pounds of her..at deaths door...I got to say goodbye to her and told her I would be alright...She said "will you??"...We held each other and said good-bye...my little mama died the next day...
Penny your mom knows your alright now ..and she is glad you are where you are at...I just know it!!!

((((Amy))))...I am goign to do the mantra thing ..thanks for the reminder...I have to slow down...I have alot on my plate right now...but we know how to balance those "plates" , don't we ???? hehe..a little waitress humore..you sound so good amy..how is Brittt doin???

Hey Penny..tell us about your kiddos if ya don't mind...I have worked through SO much MOM GUILT in recovery..still doing it too...!!
Happy easter SR family..
north loves ya