View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 03:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
utopia

Thanks everyone for sharing. My heart goes out to those of you in pain. I have been in a dilemma and very unhappy in my current job working in a large corporation...I found my recovery work with values of honesty and integrity clashed too much with my role in sales and I resigned just last week. I have been really working my program as I let slip today to my family that I quit and the reaction was one of seeing I was doomed....Is there any point in arguing, in getting those affected by this disease "to see" things as I see them?////I only know my soul was dying in there and my heart was withering under the oppressive yoke of daily lies, suffering and manipulation and valuing money over being honest, over being free! Sure, my job allowed me to rent a home, to buy my own things but at what price?? THE PRICE was my soul,,, I felt I came to resent my home, my clothes, my..stuff because I was fading away in a corporate environment driven by greed, working with people who were lost, to addicition, to something, more people I couldnt save or help, people who didnt REALLY want my help anyway!!! I gues it's good I told my family because I dont want to lie anymore....I have people telling me thats the way the business world works, you have to lie,...but people in recovery accept my choice, they encourage me, they say to "be confident in God's help"....I have been asking my Higher Power for help and guidance every step of the way and feel this is the right step for me. I believe I am taken care of but I am also scared. Now that I have taken this step, this leap of faith, its like noone else believes, noone else sees hope for me, they only see my upcoming failure, the fool to have thrown it all away on a whim.....but in alanon I learnt about the elephant in the living room, and there was a herd of them in my office!!! i couldnt breathe in there~!!!!

Brothers and Sisters, I want to say a prayer for all of us to be confident in handing our will and lives over to the care of God (as we understand God in our own ways) and that He will find a way for us and anew job for us right now and guide us from right now on how to fall into it so that we may be free, honest and fully alive again. How alanon works says it is not God's will fo rus to merely survive, that the truth will simply fester on if ignored. Well it festered for years in my current job and though I am startled by quittin gI am also freed. I pray that my faith in God may lead me to be taken care of, to have my daily food and to pay the rent etc. Step 3. This is my prayer for myself and all of you, if it be God's will, restore that trust. Amen.