View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dolce7dolore

I keep repeating myself incessantly, but I do really appreciate all of the comments here. You don't know how much they help. On second thought, you probably do

Originally Posted by dothi View Post
FWIW, you are going to look back and realize you deserve an emmy for all the strained holidays you've survived by performing through.
LOL!

Currently, besides this website I'm not getting much help. I am reading self-help books (got several now, just that I have to actually finish them... obviously one of our fun little problems) so that helps. I was going to therapy here at my school, but between spring break and the fact that my counselor is pregnant and has now canceled two sessions and shown up late to others... it's been a month since my last time. I don't think she really knows much about ACOAs to be honest. I decided to call around town on Monday to find out if anyone specializes with adult children. Hopefully I can find someone.

I nearly opted out of going to my grandparent's house tomorrow, but then I found out that my brother and his girlfriend are going along with my dad. I called my brother and we decided to go to the mall (we have gift cards) which will be a great excuse to get away after lunch. I mean, it still won't be easy acting like I'm just fine in front of my family, but at least I know that I've got someone there who knows what I'm going through, one that I don't have to act around. And like, I think it was Hiding, said, it's good to be around people who are good and decent relatives. It is always a safe environment there and I don't have to worry about any criticism or negative teasing. I think I'll just avoid my dad... wish me luck!