Old 04-11-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
deadboy1977

I hear everyone.....
She has said on several occasions that her past relationships have spurred her drinking again. She always finds the WRONG guys (except me she has said - she has said she is lucky with me and doesnt deserve me on a few occasions). Unfortunately I am a bit of a softie...
We bought tickets to the KY Derby in early May and her birthday is in May...I feel I have to stick with her up to that point. When she is sober she is incredible...a great person. She will do anything I want to do with her (i.e. she hasnt been to church in years and is going Sunday because I want to go). My thinking is to make her birthday special and then back away. I know some of you will lecture me on this....so fire away! In the meantime I will go to the alanon meetings to try and understand. At the AA meeting I went to a lady there said she would bring me in some books tonights that are really good so I need to definately go. She drank last night of course and I got the midnight calls to come over. She hasnt called yet so shes still sleeping....what a way to live. Remember she stated she wanted my love and friendship so I'll give her that for now so she can see how wonderful her life can be. I am hoping that her spending 3 months with me or so can help her self realize things....if she doesnt then I will pull back and see her reaction. On a few occasions she has said are you sure you want to see me today (after a night of drinking and calls)...