View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
scott
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

Originally Posted by FrmrlyStgbr View Post
Drug testing is pretty standard. If you're paying out of pocket then you pay for that as well. A good therapist won't waste your time trying to deal with issues if you're active, so you're right, accountability is the key.
Seeking family involvement is also not unusual. Getting to the root of addiction issues is tough. However, if you have no significant contact with family and you believe your addiction has not caused rifts, say so. Allow the therapist to get insight from your family and it will probably be a non-issue.
I agree 110%. Well put Bear!

I had the same experience when I went to group therapy sessions that my insurance was paying for. It was like an outpatient clinic with a Suboxone doctor who would do a urine tox screen once a week. You went to 3 hour group therapy sessions 4 days a week with a certified addictions counselor/therapist. They wanted to visit with my family. I agreed as it was a problem for me at the time and am better off for including them in my support group versus going at it alone. Good luck.