Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MyJoey

Well, with my son he has that death wish he is a risk taker, not just with drugs but in everyday life. Whatever drugs he uses some of them make him sick as a dog, some times for hours, some times for days. That don't stop him from using them again. He is not a drinker he tells me, people who drink act goofy. LOL like he is much better on drugs. Before going into rehab he was on a up and down swing, the uppers and then downers. My son is also a very emotional person, not an aggressive person at all (but I have seen aggression when he is in withdraw). Even when he was on the football team he was a wonderful running back and didn't mind getting tackled but had a hard time tackling other players when he played. I sometimes wonder if the drugs help him hide his emotions, which he may see as weakness at his age. His father can cry at the drop of a dime, very emotional. I don't think my son sees that as a good quality and I wonder if he tries not to be like him. I know, I will never really know why he uses drugs (like he said he like them) or if he will ever quit, but it is just one of them things, that runs in my mind sometimes.
Anvil, You have some of the most wonderful post, they are so insightful. I am really glad your on this site and your recovery is working for you, you are such a bright, funny person. Julie