View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
karabear77

Hey Masta

Welcome to SR! First things first....You need to find out what is wrong with yourself. If your doctor doesnt know what is going on, then you need to go to another one, and if that one doesnt know...another one. You really need to find out what is going on. 3 years ago I had pain in my lower abdomen that had been going on for 6 years. I had numerous scans, blood work, everything. My doctor kept telling me it was in my head. I finally changed doctors and she ran some different bloodwork and did some new tests and it turned out I had cancer. My new doctor told me that I would have been dead in a year if I hadnt gotten the hysterectomy. I had Uteran Cancer. If something in your body is hurting, it is your bodies way of saying something is wrong. Whatever you do, find out what is going on. I dont mean to scare you, but I hate it when I hear that a doctor is saying they cant figure out what is wrong. You have to take charge of your own healthcare because if you dont...no one else will.
Secondly, there are many different meds that are narcotic free that can help you with the pain. Because of my cancer treatment my spine and discs have completely deteriated. I have 6 herniated discs and my lumbar spine is crushing down on itself. I dont think it is a good idea to start taking a different drug just to get off another one, but pain is pain. I do take Lyrica for my back and that has worked great. There are all kinds of non-narcotic pain killers out there. But I really think you need to find out what is going on first and foremost.
Everyone here is great and will be very helpful. Good luck to you and congrats on your first step to being clean..admitting you have a problem. BTW, I dont know if you have checked it out yet, but there is another blog on here for people fighting addiction who have chronic pain. Everyone is so helpful

HUGS