View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MastaAce007

Kicking the codeine

Hi everyone i'm new to the forum and also addicted to codeine. I've been on it for nearly two years now and at this stage i just wanna quit, however, its not that simple.

I had an accident when i was around 6 or 7 (i'm 24 now) that resulted in one of my testicles being knocked up into my stomach, had an operation while in hospital which sorted things out. But approx. 4 years ago i started getting pain in my penis, i ignored it at first thinking it might go away but it didn't, so i tried various OTC pain relievers but none worked until i tried codeine at dosages of around 75mg. It got rid of the pain and also made me feel nice and cosy, so i started taking it everyday once in the morning and once in the evening to keep the pain at bay. Over the following months the dosages went up and i could feel withdrawals starting if i didn't take any. After a while i wasnt getting the pain anymore which was great but i was also addicted.

I managed to get clean for a week and a half earlier in January but went back on the codeine as the pain came back. I've been to the doctor numerous times but she doesnt do anything anymore as i've been to the hospital and had scans and that done and noone can find whats causing it. I'm gonna see the doc next week and hopefully get something sorted.

Anyway sorry for the long post guys/gals. Peace.