View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FizzyWater
Sober since 9th May 2008

Originally Posted by Bangoob View Post
Hi, Fizz!

How did you pull it through? 'Coz for me, sheer willpower and benzos don't seem to do the trick just yet.
Not going to pretend its easy Goop, but its not as hard as I thought it would be either.

Not convinced I did things right, I just seemed to get through 2 weeks, then 30 days, then 90 days and before I knew it 6 months.

Taz is right though, watch the tablets, you could just swap addictions. I only used them for a couple of days.

You can make it using SR only I reckon.

My 2 tips for what they are worth,

1. Don't relapse, I really believe you make it harder for yourself every time you do. I've seen so many people do so and while it might seem the easy answer on that night / day, pow, suddenly your back where your started and the people around you are up at 90 days or whatever. It really doesn't seem that long since I stopped drinking but if you'd said that to me last easter it would have been an eternity.

2. Respect SR, by that I mean have people on here that you treat the same as you would face to face. There's folks on here that I would feel I had let down if I was to pick up again. It helps keep me going.

Thank you for the comments everyone. We can do this.