View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Bangoob

Unhappy

Yes, Taz, you are 100% correct in all your observations. I wouldn't like to trade one addiction for another. I'm seeing a therapist 2 times a month, but as far as programs are concerned, unfortunately, the closest AA I know of is about 150 miles from where I live, and the medical system in my country is in complete disarray with regard to the addictions department. Plus, 90% of the people I know to abuse alcohol at least as much as I do won't ever even admit they have a drinking problem. I'm afraid that my only program is reading and posting on SR. There is, however, a private facility that deals with alcohol addictions called Nazareth-The Blue Cross in a city in Transylvania, but the program lasts 3 months, and I don't know what leave of absence I might obtain from work to attend this program, which, apparently, is the most modern and at the same time the strictest in the country. If I could give it a try, that would rule. Anyway, thank you very much for your genuine concern!

Goob

PS: On rereading this post it now seems to me that I'm fabricating excuses not to go, am I?