View Single Post
Old 05-06-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
prodigal

Re: Television Addict-

Oh boy - this is a RIOT!!! :laugh2: I'm sorry, I'm not making fun of your aggravation with the t.v. or music blaring 24/7, but I've been married to TWO A's and both have had to be watching cable, watching a DVD movie, or cranking up the stereo to dance around the room (often in the nude - LOL!!!).

I agree, all the noise drowns out their own thoughts. Plus, when they're drunk what else can they do anyway - t.v. viewing doesn't even require much of a brain pod. Heck, even my cats stare at the screen when Animal Planet is on!

My first AH once had the t.v. on for 32 hours straight. He slept, ate, got drunk, talked on the phone, and would have showered in front of the set if he didn't stand the chance of being electrocuted!

My current AH has all these brainy biographies (yawn!) and spent a fortune on a leather recliner that's up in our bedroom so once he returned from Iraq he could sit in his gorgeous chair, read his braniac books and "sip" Scotch. So far, I haven't even seen him more than glance at Time magazine, let alone get into all that big-time reading he kept emailing me about a year ago.

You'll have to excuse me - I'm about to fall on the floor laughing about the t.v.-addict A's in my life. All I can tell you is, if it's driving you nuts, you can tune it out (I eventually did) or leave the house (I did a lot of that too).