View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:17 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I've been trying to do better on the self care thing, but I'm still taking baby steps, I think. I tend to not insist on resting until I'm about to drop from exhaustion.

I did my merchandising work for the day and was about to head home when I got a call from one of dad's buddy's who does the same type work dad does (expediting). Neither he or dad could deliver a small pkg 3 hours south of us, and he wanted me to do it.

I agreed, for a few reasons. He, like dad, is struggling, a lot, because people haven't paid HIM. We've always tried to help each other out when we can. I'm not desperate for this money (about $235). He'll pay me when he can, and it will be extra; easy money drive a few hours; his daughter is an addict. She got out of prison, the end of last year, on his birthday and he was SOOO excited...told dad he was really hoping she would be "another Amy". Two days later she took off and he hasn't heard from her since, so I have a really soft spot for him.

Got home after 1a.m., stepmom wanted to give me 2 soma's (muscle relaxers) for one of my seroquel because she couldn't sleep. Don't know WHY I can't just say "no"...told her lortabs (which she abuses) causes insomnia, and that I am prescribed one seroquel per night...no extras. Then I wanted to kick myself for justifying myself. grrrrrrr.

Hugs and prayers1

Amy