View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
scott
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

Well folks, it's been a long couple of days. I went on a small mini-vacation with my mom, dad, and brother to go up to Kansas City and go the Legends complex and visit Cabelas where I got a new duck call and a nice pair of 1600 gram thinsulate duck hunting waders. Duck hunting is my passion that is one of the reasons that keeps me clean and is part of my happy place that they use for EMDR.

Back on track...I have been taking two 0.5mg Xanax tablets a day. I have been having coverage problems with this only lasting about 4-5 hrs per dose. They only gave me 15 tablets at my last appointment and those will be gone before my next appointment this Friday. Does anyone have any experience with coverage issues on their anxiety medication? I'm thinking of asking the doctor to maybe be switched to Xanax XR or Klonipin or maybe I just need an increase on my original xanax script. Either way, I'm having issues. This really sucks to be having 20+ flashbacks per day and not sleeping hardly at all. I wake up in panic attacks at night and even wake up in the morning shaking. My parents are really worried about what this is doing to me physically with the panic attacks, hypertension, shallow breathing sometime, and tightness in my chest. The meds just don't last and when they're not working, I'm an absolute mess. I was told it would get worse before it gets better but wow. I guess I'm just kind of in a daze right now, just watching the world go by praying for some relief from this constant state of anxiousness. Prayers would be appreciated as this is close to the roughest time i've had in a long time. Holding school together while going through this is really wearing on me. Thanks to all who have said your kind words, they carried me through this weekend while i was out and about.