Thread: The hard part
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Hi Steph, glad to have you back

I don't know what your experience will be, but I can say this from my own life:
there is nothing of which I'm prouder than the hard work I've done on facing my adult-child issues.

When I began the dark and difficult work of "the hard part" I was a self-critical, drama-queen, kneejerk-reaction person perpetually in crisis, going from one bad relationship to another, and always with an underlying drone of unhappiness and anxiety.

After coming through it to the other side, I am not only one of the happiest and most resilient people I know, but I have a great marriage that nourishes my life, I'm self-employed doing work I love, and my day begins, crests, and ends with an inner feeling of possibility, hope, and strength. I am not the same person at all. People from the early part of my life -- in your city there, in fact -- don't recognize me as the same dark, troubled person they knew.

The work is hard, make no mistake. You'll have to continue to call on strength you didn't know you had, and develop more of it to get you through. I had to try lots of things to find the right combination of healing arts along the way: counseling, coaching, self-help reading, journal therapy, poetry therapy, exercise, career guidance, meditation, spiritual training, helping others.

But there has been no greater journey I could've taken.

I hope you can find the path to a similar experience. You are such a smart, compassionate woman (I remember your story) -- I know you can do this and come out the other side a strong, confident, joyful person.