Thread: The hard part
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 08:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Layla2222

The hard part

Hi all,
I used to post here about a year ago or so when I first realized I was an adult-child & how it had been affecting me, etc...
I haven't posted in a while, and my recovery process has been up & down...down right now it seems.
I am really stuck right now between wanting to just live happily in denial vs. going through the HARD part of recovery--the grieving, depressive stage where I get to feel all those suppressed feelings. I know I have to go there if I want to heal, right? I am just so scared that "going there" is going to = a complete break down for me, and I can not afford for my life to fall apart right now (or ever! lol). (I am just finishing a one year accelerated grad school program right now...which is also "stirring up" all my emotions and issues, as I am writing my thesis on the experience of recovery for adult-children...)
Anyways, I am also realizing, maybe I'm just not that convinced that "going there"--to that sad place--will be worth it in the end. Will I feel that much better? Sometimes I think living in denial with the other "sheep" would be so nice, haha...but I know I am not that person. Ugh...I could use some encouragement....advice...whatever, lol. Is that that bad? Will I feel better coming out the other end??
Thanks for listening

Steph