View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

I stopped smoking crack first off, because I was tired of living the lie. It was no longer fun. I felt I always had to be high. I hated it. Yet I needed it. I was tired of lying to my friends. Though I loved losing so much weight, I knew I'd lose more, and look like crap and probably die. I had already OD'd twice, so I could die. I got tired of stealing. I got tired of watching all my posessions going away in the name of getting high. Crack is the devil. It has such a strong hold on me, when I first tried quitting, all I did was dream about doing it, and ways to get it and do it some more.
I was tired of the anxiety, tired of being depressed, tired of feeling out of control when I wasn't high and knowing I was out of control when I was!
I was tired of the people and the sides of town I was always on. People who acted like they loved you, as long as you bought crack from them, or shared crack with them. But they also talked behind your back and schemed up how to get one over on you. I got ripped off so many times...
I really REALLY was just tired. I knew there was a better way, as once upon a lifetime, I lived without it and knew I could be happy without it again. And, after 60 days of being totally crack (and drug) free, I can say it IS so much better.