View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
fall

Happy so-called springtime to all! It warmed above freezing today and didn't snow, and the sun was shining so there was a warm sense of hope in the air that winter might actually end someday. It's been a long winter but now all signs point to spring. Seedlings are germinating in the greenhouse, the 50 chicks arrived on Monday and are growing fast, and I'm hopeful and happy for the future that lies ahead. Oh, it's fraught with concerns, really heavy concerns, but I know that I have the capacity to direct it somewhat, and more importantly, I have the power to choose how to deal with whatever comes my way. I've learned a LOT about acceptance over the past few years, with so many changes in my life, it's been necessary. And you know, acceptance is key to survival.

These sentences from the Acceptance reading say so much:

"(Acceptance) means we accept what is, so we know what to do to take care of ourselves and what boundaries we need to set. It means we accept what is and who we are at the moment, so we are free to change and grow."

We are FREE to change and grow! Living in the moment, we recognize what IS and work with that, to the best of our abilities.

(((Lisa))) my heart goes out to you. I struggled so long with a failed marriage, lived in a very sad state for so long, full of denial and avoidance and distrust, basically running scared. Kept a drug habit alive so to endure it. Not good. Only when I decided I needed to take charge of my life and make the changes necessary was I able to step forth on a healthier path. The new path continues to be a challenge, I still have much to learn, I still fight with so many internal struggles, but you know, it's so much better than living in fear and avoidance. And I still struggle with fear and avoidance even! It's so ingrained, hard to change. But possible, definitely. We learn and change and grow and adapt. Best to you on your journey.

Impurrfect, best to you too as you do what you need to do to quit smoking. You KNOW you'll be glad you did after the initial discomfort has passed. Oh I wish you well in this! I know it's hard. I didn't think I'd EVER be able to quit smoking pot, it was a daily habit, but finally the day came to quit, I got away from it physically for a week, and that was a strong enough start to continue. As for smoking cigarettes, when I was 10 weeks pregnant any and all desire for a cigarette faded quickly away, the things tasted horrible, I couldn't smoke even though my addiction was telling me to. Though I can't say I reccommend getting pregnant as a viable remedy to smoking...

SG, Grateful, HG, Jurneyman, Anna (you OK Anna? Haven't seen you here for a few days), and all, as always I wish you well, good reading from you here.