View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
Katie—

That is awesome that you found a place that works for you! Don't beat yourself up over drinking because you are still taking the steps towards getting sober and that is what really counts.
Thanks so much sfgirl for your support! and to everyone else! Yeah, it was sort of a fluke and the irony in the whole deal is that I thought I had to flit off to another state to get help. The bigger irony in all of this is that this place was suggested to me a couple of years ago. I discounted it, as I thought it was only for "really bad cases." Well, I've become a "really bad case." No, no fancy places for me. I want REAL help. As long as I can be who I am without offending anyone else that works for me.

What I really appreciated today was that the director of this place had a concern for "the right fit." She acknowledged it was a lot of money and wanted me to be sure. They also want to ensure the safety of others who might be of a 12 step bent and that the groups be a "safe place" for all. And the one great thing I'll say about where I live is they have an organization that will hook you up with resources and they even offered to drive me there. Well, thanks to handy dandy Mapquest, I have to take no freeways. So, I am set. I am going to start on my "assignment" early (the A to Z triggers) so that I can hit the ground running, as they say in all that employment advertisement stuff.

Well, I know I tend to write lengthy posts at times and do apologize, but I am a fast typist so it's not an issue for me to just write and write. And thanks for reading.