View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
CrackQuack

Yup. I noticed the same thing myself, during my recovery/relapse phase. I was just still so caught up in being a butthead and using that I still chose crack over those nice little things like clothing, food, and gas. But for my 30 days, I got a CD I had been wanting. It was only 12 bucks, but I didn't even have that before. And, even though I have a job now, I don't have enough to buy myself a little treat for my 60 days. I had the frame of mind that I'd get a little something every milestone, as long as it was under 20 dollars and I actually made it. Maybe, for 60 days, I'll get in my race car (quite illegally, since she's not plated), put my truck plates on her, and drive her up and down the road. I have 4 bucks to put a couple gallons in her. I was thinking that might be OK, long as I don't get caught. I would, seriously LAUGH my a$$ off if I get busted driving an illegal car on the road, after all those years buying and selling drugs in my truck, not to mention the countless times I smoked crack in the truck (in broad daylight too). I would.. but then, maybe I'll try to find something that is cheap AND legal... I don't know yet. Wish I had the cash to actually take that old girl racing.... Maybe for my 90 days.
But anyway, it's really nice to look forward to it, and then actually SEE it happening! Sobriety is a blessing. Congrats on yours and congrats on the new Ipod. I got a nano years ago, for Christmas. I managed not to sell it. YIPPIE!