Old 04-03-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lettec

Would I be a horrible person if I kicked him out of my house after moving him here? He has no where to go. I'm scared if I kick him out he will end up dead by drinking or running his mouth and get into a fight or fall down the stairs when he is drunk. He is my only parent. But you are right, I need to stop bailing him out.

My boyfriends mother was an acholic and drug user. she always stole from him and did drugs. Lucky a friend of the family adopted him. When he was about 16 or so he let his mother go because she always drank and stopped then continued. He said it was hard but he had to let her go. After 5-6 years she finally contacted him and she was sober. My boyfriend doesn't talk to his dad at all cause of drugs and drinking to.

He even tells me to let him go and he did it with his mom. But his situation is different, a friend of the family at least adopted him and he like a father to fall back on.

If anything my dad can go to the salvation army and they can help him find a place to live.

I dont want anyone to despise me for this.

Originally Posted by Still Waters View Post
You can't fix him. Only he can fix himself.

He's a grown man, and if he's been in rehab several times then he has been given the tools to do what he needs to do. He knows he can walk into an AA meeting, walk into the Salvation Army, etc. He knows these things, but he doesn't do them because #1 he doesn't have to, you keep bailing him out and making it easy for him to continue down this path #2 he isn't ready to do what you think he needs to do.

Get on with your life lettc, and allow him the dignity of living his own - somewhere outside of your apartment of course.

Big hugs to you, I know it's so hard. But you simply cannot fix him and trying to will only destroy you also.