View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
GailJ

Again this stigma that meds are no more than another addiction,
Argggg this makes me so frustrated. It took me 10yrs of research doc appointment, wrong diagnoses on part of short handed get them out there quick med facilities before I found the right medications.

I have said it before and I'll say it again PTSD, SAD, Bipolar and other chemically related disorders are every bit as real as chemotherapy for cancer, dialisis for kidney disease, speach therapy for the tounge tied, whatever else you can think of.

These illnesses are not in are minds, they affect our minds.

No offense but after you have talked with mental health professional who specialize in anx related conditions, or other mind affecting, life affecting disorders. You can NOT judge us here.

You are welcome to read our experiences, find out what works and what doesn't. but do not have a be all end all, private conclusion............

We get that all the time and everywhere we go. If you want info just ask

sorry a little wound up right now. I didn't accept meds for at least ten years. I know I am doing what is right and I have multitudes of back up to say yes I need meds.

They aren't booze, they aren't just another drug, they are what thousands of chemists, docs, psych's reserch and psychologists have research over the last 20 yrs.

No offense, I use herbal meds meditation vits and yoga. but if you are sick you go to the pro's.

It's so frustrating