View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((HG))) - I had a professor in college that pushed and pushed and pushed. I wasn't as far up in education but he was tough, and (I thought) brutal. I failed a final, one quarter, and he sat there telling me "you could have passed this, you know". I explained to him that: my mom was in the hospital, I'd JUST been t-boned in a car wreck, where my car was totaled and I was lucky to be alive, and I'd just started a brand new job, so could he PLEASE just tell me that the rest of my grades were good enough to tell me I passed the class?

He apologized, told me I had passed, and said he "forgot" that some of us have lives and aren't full-time students, living at home with nothing to think about BUT school.

I know this doesn't really help, but I know that when I was doing the best I could, and kept trying to push myself to "DO MORE", I always ended up making more of a mess. I finally decided to just do what I could, turn it in and pray...a lot.

I know a lot hinges on this, but I'm sure everyone else is going through the same thing, feels the same way, and the majority of people get through it. I think advisors, professors think they are helping by pushing us, not realizing that for some of us, they're doing more harm than good.

(((Hugs))))

My "me" day has turned out pretty good Dad came in, tossed me some mail earlier, and I didn't even look at it. I JUST looked at it, and it was a check for $500 from the other insurance company I had totally accepted that it would be 2 months before I would get it, so this is a nice surprise.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy