View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
scott
To infinity.....AND BEYOND!

EMDR Treatment today! CRAZY STUFF

Had my first EMDR session today. WOW! Talk about crazy intense. That was really hard to do. I'm still worked up now two hours after the end of the appointment. They gave me some xanax (0.25-0.5) to take because the treatment is supposed to make your flashbacks and nightmares increase in intensity and frequency for a while. My hands are still shaking right now. For those following along who don't know why I'm doing this I will just say that I was sexually abused as a child for several years before it stopped and I have had flashbacks about this for almost a decade before now finally seeking some treatment. I'm 24 now. I don't feel any better or any worse right now, just really really worked up and feeling pretty violent for a want to get revenge. I thought I would try to cool down naturally taking a shower and sitting in the dark doing some heavy breathing, being by myself but it's not working so far so I'm going to leave now to go get my script from the pharmacy. For others seeking this treatment or thinking about it let me tell you that intense doesn't really even give justice to how it was. They made me sign a waiver that I wouldn't sue them because it is so intense. Will update every so many days on how I feel. Any input from those who have been through this and they're feelings would be appreciated. I feel emotionally exhausted. Later.