Thread: ACA = ACoA ??
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CoDieNOmore

Originally Posted by tromboneliness View Post

I happen to have stumbled upon one of the more structured ACA meetings -- we are reading the Big Book from cover to cover, a few pages each week. As of now, we recently finished the sections on the 12 steps, and are now going through the parts where they talk about the Inner Child (or True Self, which I like better). It's good stuff, but intense!

T
That is GREAT!!! I'm hoping to find a ACA meeting like that. There are a few more local meetings I have yet to get 2.
Right now I'm reading the Al-Anon's step book. I am getting some good information from it... It's just hard for me to relate when ppl are talking about there active alcoholic. This is not my current situation. Not to say that I have not gone through it because I have. And I feel I need to point out that I did not get healthy and leave my active alcoholic... I joined him with the abuse of using xanx that the doc gave me because of my not being able to deal with my alcoholic. I left him and went to treatment.... This has been a few years now...