View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  
fall

Greetings All!
Pleased to be here reading and writing this blustry wintery evening, listening to the wind howl as yet another winter storm bears down across the region. While enjoying just made hot chicken and dumplings and listening to the sound of the just arrived chicks from the hatchery. (for fun AND food!) Spring will arrive, and meanwhile I do my best to enjoy the last days of winter.

(((Anna))) Oh the stresses the worries about cares about others bring. We do worry about those we love, the born and the unborn. That's a healthy concern. It's the negatives that burden us that it's important to be aware of their source, their place in reality. It can be difficult to distinguish between healthy concern and unhealthy worry. I wish you the best in finding a peaceful balance in this, and your daughter the best of health and a healthy delivery.

Impurrfect, you DO sound good! It's fun reading of where you're at in your thinking. I like your strength.

Welcome Frazzled. It's good you found us. Your situation has some interesting parallels to my own. At around 10 weeks pregnant my mate moved out at my insistance. I NEEDED him to move, so tired of the way I was being regarded, the way I allowed him to treat me needed to change, and I knew neither he nor I could do it with him being here. Now I'm 17 weeks along, he's living elsewhere, we're trying to work things out but old habits die hard. Change is hard, but necessary. Sometimes we have to be very insistant, even more so when not only our health but the welfare of our unborn depends on it.

Don't be afraid to look to your family for support. I shyed away from my family for years, so afraid of their judgment of me, for my mistakes, decades of drug use, a 15-year long failed marriage, current relationship difficulties, I pushed them away. They worry about me, I know. But they care about me, I know that too. They're there so full of support. Speaking for myself, I know I greatly benefit from the encouragment and strength of my family and friends, and now I need it more than ever as everything is becoming more challenging by the day with all the changes ongoing. Do take care of yourself friend!

Peace to you all...