View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Conky77

I have ptsd also, and I'm going through a divorce from my husband right now. He wants it to be uncontested but, I think I deserve alimony or something from him, since he is still using the fact that we are still legally married (even though we have been legally separated for 2 years) as a means to make extra $$ in the Military. He claims me to get extra housing money, extra money for food and clothing and separation pay when he goes out to sea or over seas. Who knows what he spends it all on? I know he lives in the most expensive apartment complex in Chesapeake, VA and owns two vehicles. I live off of food stamps and have no car, no job, and have had to file for Social Security. I understand what you mean when you say "the crazy drunk lady", because I feel like everyone thinks of me in that way also. I self medicated with alcohol when I was with my ex, because he was mentally and physically abusive and because of my ptsd. I'm in a better place now, but I still think everyone thinks of me as the crazy drunk lady, even though I no longer drink. Stay strong! You will get through these things happening in your life soon and you will be proud that you made it through being sober.:praying