Old 03-30-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Callie

Well, I didn't grab the pot and wooden spoon, but I did strain my vocal chords a bit. I wrote down my expectations, gave them to him, explained what I would tolerate and said I'd furnish a bus ticket if he was going out of state.

He tried threatening going to his moms, I said if that's what he chooses, so be it. I think he's teetering between recovery and using. He's miserable the way he is, depression has set in and I think he almost thinks he should just throw the towel in because being sober is too hard. He's sick today, which doesn't help his mental state. I have no tolerance/sympathy for that anymore because of the amount of times I've seen him dopesick.

Any ideas as to a timeline? A week, 2 weeks? I feel like he can make immediate changes as far as a recovery program or helping around the house or sleeping. The job thing will take longer I'm sure. I want to stick to my boundaries/demands, but don't want to frustrate him into throwing in the towel because he feels hopeless.

At this point though, I know I've done everything within my power to keep him clean short of making myself crazy.