View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 07:25 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Anna
Administrator

Amy, that's great, those superwoman capes get so heavy sometimes. LOL.

HG, enjoy your walk! That's one of my favorite times to chill and relax.

I need to put down some thoughts, so I thank everyone who reads this for their patience.

I have PTSD, not from a specific incident, but from continuous abuse growing up.

My PTSD affects me the most when:

1) I am doing something enjoyable, eg. if I'm on vacation and having a great time - the thoughts will come fast and furious, as if to say, ' how dare you enjoy yourself, don't you remember this'

2) I am stressed

At this particular time, I am both. My daughter's baby will come in about a month and I am very excited about that, but there are some serious physical problems, and we're not sure what to expect. So, there have been times this past week when I have been overwhelmed with negative thoughts and memories. They seem to be related to the 'baby' thing. EG, my daughter who was 2 at the time fell down the basement stairs when we were moving into a new house. She ended up ended up with a huge bump on her head and a black eye, and to this day, it haunts me. That memory has been popping up, full force, while I'm grocery shopping or whatever, and throwing me off balance.

I'm hoping, that by writing and sharing this, it will help me to stay in the moment.

Thanks, friends!