Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
winnie12

He knows this stuff better than anyone Callie - He knows what he has to do to stay clean. He also knows that there are always options for recovery facilities if he really wants to go. Insurance is now straightened out - why cant he go somewhere else? Even when 48 passes are giving at my son's rehab they have to go to meetings so why would he think that he didnt need to go to meetings because he would be going back - he's putting recovery off - the longer he puts it off the more likely he is to relapse - in fact he's already relapsed back into addict thinking.

So what's Callie going to do? What were your boundaries when he came home or were you also putting those off because he was going back? I made this mistake when my son was on house arrest waiting to get back into rehab - I ended up living with a dry drunk which in a lot of ways is no different. Many sober living houses i've looked at will give them a little time to get a job before they have to come up with the fees. Most times addicts dont have jobs when they go to these places and your husband knows this. Bottom line is he knows what he is supposed to be doing and he's not doing it - you know what you have to do but you dont want to do it.