View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:44 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Frazzled)))

Welcome!! I'm a recovering addict, have been in relationships with addicts and alcoholics, and have been a codie (codependent) most of my life. I find a lot of support here, and in the friends & family forums. I agree with everyone on the alanon meetings, even though I don't go, because of my crazy work schedule.

It's hard to break old habits and start taking care of ourselves, but it's the best thing we can do for everyone involved..including the acoholic or addict. I hope you continue to read and post.

I came home a little early from work tonight We had enough people, the "kid" came in at 8 and wanted to leave early, so he could come back in at 11. I told him he's 21, and can easily do those hours on 8 hours of sleep..I'm old, tired and had a headache, so I was going home early. I actually only left an hour before we closed, but got to miss out on the 2 hours of cleaning up!!

I've been stuck working the cash register for 3 nights, which means not many tips. Nothing I could do about it..one person got sick, one was on vacation, and "old reliable" jumped in I won't lose my job to make a point, and my coworkers were all chipping in to fill in the gaps, so even though it was frustrating, I'm okay with it. I even gave a ride home to the girl who caused so much trouble, for me, a few weeks ago.

In the past, I would have moaned and groaned, and stayed at work, ill as a hornet. I did vent, but told my mgr that I understand and it's just the way things happened, but that I would like to go home early. She said "okay, no problem". Wow, I think I threw off my superwoman cape, and actually did something for me I haven't made nearly the money I usually do....I have enough, right?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy