View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there EA

Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
... I now realize that i do have my limits of what i will not tolerate and....
awesome! took me _forever_ to figure that out.

... But to my surprise I have a blind eye to those who drink. I guess i rationalize it. ....
yeah, that's what I did. Still do a little, but I'm very aware of that "blind eye" of mine.

...is that twisted or what?! ....
* lol * um... yes In my biological family an "alcoholic" was a homeless wino, so I had similar twisted thinking.

... and funny how they seemed to stop drinking after i left them.....
ok, so they stopped drinking. But for how long? And did they switch to another chemical? Did they stop drinking and become "dry drunks"? To me the drinking is just a symptom of something else far more harmful.

... I start a new job, new people come into my life-they are either crazy or alcoholic/codie.....
Alkies / addicts are _always_ looking for a new enabler. They're like sharks drifting around in the ocean checking out every new thing that drops in the water. When I start a new job or move into a new place it's always the alkies / addicts that are the first to show up. The healthy people sit back and wait to see if _I_ am healthy or toxic.

Which is what I have learned to do when I am in a new place. Sit back and watch, wait for the crazies to show themselves first.

Mike