View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
fall

So many wonderful words of wisdom expressed here this past day. Once again. I so appreciates the insights, the perspectives, shared here.

Balance! That truly is key, I think it's the key to peace and happiness. It applies to all things, all aspects of life. It applies to work and play, eating and exercise and sleep, it applies to dealing with the difficulties as well as experiencing the joys. (((IO))) I can only imagine the grand challenge of what you're going though. And (((Grateful))) your plate is full, with mourning, and with the exciting potential progress you're seeing in your daughter.

Originally Posted by hydrogirl View Post
Fall, I think you know that the struggle/debate/argument/accusations that you are receiving from your mate are ones that you will NEVER win. All of the peace, happiness, and confidence he needs can only come from within him. Please don't let his burdens become your burdens
And Impurrfect backs that up, "he's never going to be happy with YOU, because he's not happy with HIM."

I can see so clearly how that works. I know it is true! It is from within ourselves that we find happiness and contentment, it doesn't come from others.

I'm grateful for all the encouragement you all provide me here, to really concentrate on taking care of myself. All my life I've pushed myself to the wayside so I could give others what they want. It seemed easier to do that and endure so to avoid conflict, than to take care of my own needs. Life doesn't work so well that way.

Peace to you all on this day.