View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
tallulah

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
Hi there tallulah

I think you're doing just fine. I see incredible strength in your posts. All of the hardship you have gone thru and you are reaching out to cheer along _others_. Now _that_ shows the superwoman you really are.

As far as the whole "damaged goods" thing. Nah, that's not the way it looks from the outside. I married a young lady, a long time ago, who was "damaged goods". That didn't stop her from being a wonderful wife, fabulous mom and rising to the top of one career after another.

She came with a teenage daughter, who was also "damged goods". That child grew up to be a fine young lady, and now runs a million dollar operation with a little brood of her own.

I've dated a couple other ladies who were "damaged goods", and since then they moved on to find respectable partners and doing just fine in life.

It is _life_ that comes with "damaged goods". Sometimes we get stuck with the bad goods in a "shipment" that life drops on our doorstep. I am impressed with your courage and determination in getting rid of the bad goods that got left on your doorstep. In fact, you sound a lot like the lady I'm dating right now. Strong, brave and determined.

Now _that_ is the kind of person I want to be by my side the rest of my life. Somebody who has shown they know how to survive and overcome the hardships of life. You have certainly done that, Talulah. As have all the other fine ladies here on SoberRecovery.

You want to find the definition of "super woman"? Just look around here. There's about 600 superwomen registered in this forum.

All you ladies are just awesome.

Mike
and

I need to stop playing the tapes he left me. And I need to forgive myself. I have forgiven him but not extended myself the same courtesy. I'm going to feel crappy sometimes, other times I'm going to feel great. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm human.. lol.

Sometimes it takes someone else to hold up a mirror to us and remind us of who we are. Your post has done that.

Ok, so I've had a rough time and managed to fall in love with a prize @'hole. Doesn't mean I'm flypaper for freaks; doesn't mean I have to be alone; doesn't mean that I can't attract healthy people into my life; doesn't mean I can't appreciate or be appreciated.

Thank you, Mike. You've helped more than you'll know. :ghug