View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Wow Andrew. Thanks for sharing that. I had a boyfriend, briefly, who could have written that. He really was gorgeous, intelligent, charming. But your story and his departed when you decided to clean up. His narcissism knew no bounds and eventually I got tired of petting his ego and being on the losing end of his double standards. Last time my path crossed with that guy he was strung out on meth, and still believed he was the most amazingest boy ever. At the time I couldn't understand it at all, but that was before I started doing drugs. I think I understand him a little better now, having been through meth and alcohol addiction myself, and I just feel sorry for him. If he's not in prison he'll be dead within 5 years, and probably the only thing keeping him alive is his lack of money. Your story reminded me that there's still hope for him. Thanks.

I heard author Jack Cafferty on Larry King Live earlier. He mentioned his struggle to remain sober, even after 20 years on the wagon, upon the death of his wife. It was inspiring to hear him. I don't even know him and I felt proud for him.