View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I can honestly say you are ALL gifts to me. I think of every one of you as a treasure and a blessing. You have all helped ME, tremendously, and I thank you all!

I am sad. My dear friend here, Rita (japic05) is hurting. Her boyfriend's DIL had a brain aneurysm, got through surgery okay, but had some setbacks and is now brain dead. She was only in her 20's and leaves behind a loving husband and a little girl, Kayleigh, not to mention others who loved her. It just breaks my heart.

Brit's mom died, at 18, from a car wreck. She didn't have her seatbelt on, was thrown from the car and died of a head injury. Other than a broken arm, there wasn't a scratch on her. We donated some of her organs, and 6 people were recipients. I was an RN in a neuro ICU, at the time, and dealt with this on a daily basis. I actually ended up going to the OR on an organ donation case, a month later with the same guy who did Brit's mom's case. Some people would think it's morbid, but it was actually a good thing...they were very respectful and the urgency reminded me that the purpose was to SAVE lives. The girl I went to the OR for, died of the same thing Rita's Mandy died of.

Anyway, sorry to ramble on. This just brought back some memories, in addition to hurting for Rita. I'm okay, got my stores all done and have to do some computer work so I can get paid for it It's really nice to have this thread to come to and get out whatever's on my mind...it's my little safe haven.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy