View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Serenity Bound

((winnie)) I was so hoping that you were going to get some well deserved rest & relaxation, now that your AS is in rehab. Apparently, you're going to have to detach even more to do so.

I only have one child, my AD, I really think there was a reason from the get go that I only had one. lol Up to 16 she was a good kid, then we gave her a car, and to this day I regret that. Her drug/alcohol use didn't start til after HS (as far as we know) however there were problems, therapists, physc doc's etc......she was not diagnosed with bi-polar until approx 3 yrs ago (she's now 30).......it's been the toughest battle of my life.
(so far.....I add that because who knows what I'll be up against as time goes by) She's 30 but shes sure acts like she's 16. Has two children, but her mentality is not as a mature adult. She has suffered a closed brain injury (at 19 1/2) I was advised that it would affect her judgement skills. After she relearned how to walk, write, etc... she snowed the doctors, cause she knows what they want to hear. And went on her merry way...drugging etc. Who really knows what came first mental disorders/drug use........

Today she has 4 months clean & sober.

AT this point, what helps ME each day is my faith, my program & SR!

I'm really glad that you talked to his counselors and have set MORE boundaries. Keep doing this for YOU.

Jason, yep you're right.....geez I was a teen in the late 60's.....hmmm flowerpower,drugs,sex......it was there, just don't think the drugs were as pure, and the rest was not talked about. You got to remember in my time, you just DIDN'T talk about those things. And I was scared of my parents, not because they had mistreated me, it was just that way back then.

Winnie, I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread. I'm praying for you and your son.

Hugs,
Chris