View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
winnie12

Originally Posted by mooselips View Post
Seriously, in these parts, Mr. Moose and I are dealing with this 35 year old, who started using at 14, having had multiple head traumas over the years..and ADD, and probably sociopathic tendencies, and Narcisstic qualities.. so is the end result related to drug use? Or a mental incompacity?
Chicken/egg/chicken/egg
(hmmm I sound like a Psychiatrist...lol)
I remember his first hospital trip for depression (i didnt know it was drugs then). I stood in the hall while three docs - a MD, a psychiatrist and his endocrinologist were all arguing about what was causing the depression. IS the diabetes making him depressed or is depression causing him not to take care of his diabetes, they couldnt figure out which one to treat - all in all it has to ALL be treated. the endocrinologist was getting mad because no one could understand the correlation between everything and felt like my son was in essence committing suicide by diabetes - he didnt care what caused it as long as something was done. at least now he is somewhere where all issues are treated not just one. he has a MD seeing him once or twice a week, they have a psychiatrist, and they have drug abuse therapy. its a package deal.