Old 03-26-2009, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

hey again Bottleslave

I've managed to keep sober a couple of years just using SR...Keep in mind tho I was an end game drinker - I drank until I nearly died. Drinking is no longer an option for me - ever. Secondly, I'm disabled - and I find it hard to get out much anyway.

I know of a few others with longterm sobriety here too - but a lot of folks just don't make it.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but this is a long hard road to travel, no matter what you do - it's even more so when you're on your own.

The buck stops with you no matter what programme you do, but it really stops with you this way.

You have to be super hard, really stringent with yourself - no excuse can be good enough anymore.

I dunno about you but discipline's not really my strong point LOL

There's a reason why most people pick a face to face support group. Support is vital. The support you'll get here is great - but you have to go to the PC, switch it on, use it....and decide to follow it or not.

You also have to change your life. Just not drinking is not enough IMO. Dealing with drinking is like dealing only with the symptom. It's hard to know where to start with that sometimes, but there's lots of good advice here.

Lots of good advice elsewhere too tho. AA's not the only game in town - here's a link with info on a variety of other options.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-programs.html

Don't cut out all your options without doing some research first - this is your life at stake here, Bottleslave.

Good luck
D