View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Dirtmagnet)))

I work for a restaurant chain, and it seems, every week, someone is "on the list" of being in trouble...been there, myself, a few times. I've also been part of the "she said...." and felt like I was being played.

For now, I need this job. After the LAST time I got dragged into something that had nothing to do with me, I'd had it (what, a week ago?). I've gone in, every night since, and just done my job to the best of my ability and stayed out of the gossip, backstabbing/bickering/ and b****ing. I keep notes, I cover my a$$, and I've been loking for another job.

Most of my coworkers are kids. I'm not...I'm 47, a recovering addict with 2 college degrees. Just because I'm waiting tables doesn't mean I'm an idiot and sometime I have to remind my boss of that He knows my history, but that doesn't bother me..I've alway been honest. I've been working for 31 years. I've had to learn to choose my battles, but my new attitude has worked pretty well this past week.

It's hard, these days. We can't just go out and find another job. On the other hand, if I find myself in a situation that my serenity or recovery is severely compromised, I will do what escape artist did and hit the road.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy