View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 11:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Winnie)) - I totally agree about the baseball bat with Brit. Unfortunately, she does all this because stepmom will NOT discipline her (especially now that she's usually high on lortabs).

The thing with the boys would NOT have happened if I had been here (I was at work). I'm not intimidated by bad-a$$ wanna-be's and would have called the cops. That's why she does this stuff when I'm not here and dad's asleep or not here.

We talked about sex/protection, etc. At least we have a good enough relationship she does listen to me, and doesn't think of me as an "old fuddy-duddy"...I'm actually pretty cool in her eyes, because we listen to the same music, and because of my life in the 'hood when I was using. She didn't LIKE me using crack, but she knows I'm more street smart and I understand her way of thinking more than dad or stepmom. Don't know if that's a compliment or not....I can "get" the thinking of a 15-year-old

I hope your son doesn't run, I really do. I know he KNOWS where he will end up, but I think he is probably thinking the way I used to...."whatever...I'll just deal with it when it happens". It wasn't until it all happened, and I found out I really didn't LIKE those consequences and the after-effects that I wished I'd made better choices.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy