View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
winnie12

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
He is only 16 years old, and how ever old he was when he started using drugs, is how old he really is. So, if he started getting high at 12, then mentally he is 12.
He tried it first at 10 and i think it was about 12 that he got heavy into it. I liked him better when he was 10. DOC is anything he can get his hands on - he's an equal opportunity abuser. He's at rehab so long because its court ordered - he's been in and out of jail so many times over the last two years i've stopped counting. After he OD'd last fall they knew it was more than he could handle out-patient - since he's diabetic its even more dangerous for him.

MyJoey - i think he'll run because that's what he did the last time. if he cant see or talk to his friends he's going to have to face himself and i dont know if he's strong enough for that. as long as his friends are filling him up with bs he's going to keep going on like nothing is wrong. taking the friends out of the picture is going to either make him see the reality of his life or make him run. now, yet again, i've pushed the ole reality button on him. we'll see what he does. i'm not visiting this weekend - he'll be PO'd because there's two this weekend and friday night you can bring in dinner. I've got a family session scheduled for monday afternoon. Its really for me not him. I just cant go on being a patsy anymore. I'm better than I was a year ago but i've still got work to do and I dont want to feel this way anymore.

Cynical - oh my goodness that's funny - if only there was enough duct tape - a mom can dream.

Impurfect - you guys need a baseball bat over there - i'd be knocking some heads in on that one. I tell you my son's friends are petrified of me, if i say leave they run - they know i call 911 if the silliness starts. They are please/thank you/ yes maam/ no maam. they do crank call me but hey i can handle that.