View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((IO))) - I'm so sorry you're dealing with this again, or still yet.

I don't know if it was today's reading, or what, but I had every reason to worry myself into a tizzy today, and I'm remarkably calm...pms and all.

Went to pick up my car, they handed me the keys and said "that will be $500"...WHAT?!?!?! Turns out, I have to pay the deductible and wait for the other guy's insurance company to pay me back...may be 2 months.

I called dad (of course ), had a mini-meltdown for about 30 seconds, and then it was gone. HE, of course, is all upset about it, but I'm fine.

I went and did my stores, and realize I really like doing them. I've done them enough that I know the mgr's I deal with, and they know me. Even found out, today, that one was an addict...10 years clean. I won't say she's in recovery, as she says she "drinks occasionally" but she's a very cool lady, hard worker and I really like her. We were just talking about debt, and I mentioned why I was in so much debt (drugs) and she said "been there, done that". I'm a "chatty cathy" and like getting to know these people.

I don't think it's a coincidence that dad told me we will be doing ALL the stores, every month (we were only doing half, every other month), so I will be okay money-wise. It may be tough for a couple of weeks, but I've done darned good at managing my money. My insurance agent is pushing to get the $500 to me sooner than 2 months, but I'm thinking if I don't get it until then, it will be like a bonus

I tried to analyze, why I wasn't wigging out..finally just said "God, I don't have a clue what's going on, but I LIKE IT...thank you!" and went on to have a good day.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy