Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by zencat View Post
The behavioral clinic I go to for f2f groups have 2 meetings 2hr each once a weeK, one for addiction and one for PTSD...There called: Intensive Duel Diagnosis Treatment (IDDT)
Ah, very interesting. I, too, am dual diagnosis. It is something fairly new, but thank Doorknob

I need to find a place like that which serves both the addiction and psychiatric disorder. I went to see my shrink this a.m. The guy at STI said to stick with him, as they know each other and the guy at STI says he's a good shrink (easier to spell out than psychiatrist). They actually worked together. So, I figure I am going to take the conservative approach, which all shrinks do anyway. Not to digress too much, but my shrink gave me Campral and bumped me up to 400 mg of Lamictal. Should be a winning combo, I figure. I remember when I was on 400 mg of Lamictal I had a bottle of wine in my refrigerator and forgot about it for a month. No kidding!! Such is the power of psychopharmacology, which is what I think of when I think of the second step; psychopharmacology is my HP. At any rate, with SMART meetings and me being careful about where I venture into SR, I think it just might work.

Last edited by Katie09; 03-25-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo and perfectionist