Thread: Funeral
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Unhappy))

I don't know about your AH, but I put a lot of time and energy into getting my drugs...thinking about them, planning on who, when, where I was going to get them from and use them, etc.

Every single time you do something for him, you are simply giving him MORE time to focus on his drugs. You may not be handing him money and saying "here, sweetie, go get some more drugs", but you're certainly giving him more time to figure out how to GET some more. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's what we addicts do when we're active and we have time on our hands.

Sure, he sounds miserable and is asking for your help..most likely it's when he's out of dope? That's when I was the most miserable and ready to quit...right up until the time I got some more dope. Honey, he's talking the talk but he's most definitely not walking the walk.

I was posting to another addict friend today, that I really think what got me into recovery was I got really tired of all the consequences piling up on me. What consequences has your AH had? It looks to me, like YOU are the one dealing with all the consequences, but you can stop doing that, ya know?

Hugs and prayers!

Amy