View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
serenityqueen
Attitude of Gratitude

Lucy, I'm not going to jump your sh*t about driving drunk, I imagine every single person who replied on this thread has done it one time or another. I don't feel I need to say any more than has already been said. I do agree though, you need to put the keys away and stop driving!!!! Even if it is around the corner.

I can really relate to what you are going through. I was actually in detox three different times in a 7 week period once. One of those times, I stopped on the way home from a week in the hospital, going through horrible withdrawls, even though I had a mess of benzos flowing through my veins to buy a bottle. What I should have done, (and you too!) is call one of the many phone numbers I had of people in AA & NA. That phone weighs a thousand pounds and pressing each number is like trying to move a mountain. But if you want this bad enough, you will do it!

Before you go into the 28 day Program, you know you have to go into detox one more time, unless it's part of the Program. You know how serious these withdrawls can be. Have you ever had any seizures YET?

I certainly hope you don't listen to your Mom's suggestion of trying to meet someone. This is the absolute worst thing you could do, unless you meet a good Sponsor and use HER. Getting into a relationship is just a way to try to take the focus off of the real problem. . . and relationships are an addiction too.

God has already done many things for you that you haven't done for yourself. . . didn't you lose your job recently? Without having to worry about missing work, He has cleared this way for you.

There is nothing that anyone is going to be able to say to you in order for you to suddenly "get this." It's up to you. Just know that we have all been where you are, we know how you feel and there is hope. Each and everyone of us is proof of that!

I will Pray for you,
Judy